Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Ektachrome Questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member soupastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi!
    Has anyone used the Kodak Ektachrome film for super 8?
    I was interested in how it works out as far as color and lighting
    and where is
    the best place to get the Ektachrome developing done.
    Thanks for any information.
    -S

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I depends on if you are talking about the new Ektachrome 7240 or the old 160. The new film is a B rated film so you should use an 85B when film out side since most Super8 cameras have built in 85A's this can be a slight problem. Let me say that I am very critical about my stocks so if you are just shooting for fun and small projects then don't worry about it. The 7240 is also balanced for video transfer so I have seen some slightly blue images on direct projection. There are tones of places that process 7240 PAC Labs in NYC is just one. As for the old 160 it was the best I liked its grain structure and its speed. To bad it is pretty much gone. And, when I do find it--it will ofetn come back green from age. I have made some really nice exprimental films where that green was great. Kodak will process that using th PK59 mailers, I think Fuji will as well. I hope I helped.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member soupastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Yes, you are definitely a help. I am talking about the new stock 7240 - the one that's available from Kodak now.
    Can you send the 7240 in the kodak mailers or only to the PAC lab or other specific film processors?
    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 7240 can not go to Kodak in the PK59 mailers. There are many labs in the nation that will process it. PAC in NYC and Yale in California are just two. Pretty much any place that processes the 16mm 7240 will do the S8 too. Good Luck and email me if you have anymore questions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •